Sunday 28 July 2013

Shades of Phoenix Zeus & Loki's Lacquer Ed! This is Serious!

Today I have two pretties to show you.  I am showing two separate polishes, because for some reason, I didn't take many photos of the finished manicures - I think my camera batteries went flat and I was too lazy to charge them...

First up I have the super popular Zeus from Shades of Phoenix.  Zeus is a clear based topper with lavender matte glitter, white matte hex glitters and tiny silver hexes.  I decided to layer it over OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I'm not sure if my layering combo is the best for Zeus though...


I got a bit carried away and ended up layering two coats of Zeus over the base colour.  I think one coat would have been plenty.

Next up I have my another instalment of 'My Sister's Nails'.  My sister is a huge Shawn of the Dead fan and when I alerted her to Loki's Lacquer polishes inspired by the movie, she ended up buying a few of them for herself.  Yep, she bought them.  Not me.  I think my polish addiction is well and truly rubbing off on her!

Ed! This is Serious! is a black base with several different sized red glitter and green flecks.  It is really quite stunning.  We layered it over black, however it could reach opacity in 2-3 coats quite easily.



I have always been super impressed with the polishes from Loki's Lacquer.  Their creator has a fantastic creative imagination and the polishes are always of top notch quality.  I already have my eye on her soon to be released LE Willy Wonka inspired collection!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment