Thursday 23 May 2013

Essence - That's What I Mint! & FOA Studio 54

Essence sure do make a good, strong polish.  And they're soooo CHEAP!  It still amazes me that a polish of this quality is less than $3!

I had the same formula issues with That's What I Mint! that what I had with Hello Marshmallow.  But maybe it is just my crappy polishing skills...  I just felt like it was a bit thick and difficult to apply with the huge brush.  I guess too much polish was coming off the brush and it bubbled a bit.  Obviously my polishing skills need some improvement...

But it is such a LOVELY colour!  A gorgeous mint (well, duh!) with a subtle shimmer.  I find myself drawn to all the soft minty colours lately (in polish, make-up and clothes) and this gorgeous colour did not disappoint.

I decided to layer on top another awesome and cheap polish - Face of Australia Studio 54.  Studio 54 is from the recently released Glitterati collection and I managed to score it for 75c in the recent KMart sale.  SCORE.  Studio 54 contains copper hexes in a clear base.  Fortunately, the glitters in Studio 54 are not curled like many of the glitters in the rest of the collection.


Please excuse the creased tips, this photo was taken two days after I did this manicure.



I love this colour combo and this manicure wore like steel.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment