Friday 12 April 2013

Nomination for Best Blog Award!

The gorgeous Sarah at Lily Loves Louise has nominated me for a Best Blog Award.  My first blog award/tag.  Yay!


The rules for this award are to answer the questions asked of you by the blog that nominated you, then you need to nominated up to 20 other blogs with less than 200 followers and ask 11 questions of them.

Questions:

1. If you were trapped on a desert island, what would be the one beauty product you couldn't live without?

Ummm...  gee... a beauty item.  Well, since it's a desert island, I would probably have to go for a good foundation with a decent SPF (I burn very easily).

2.  What nail polish is your single favourite, above all others?  

I have to pick just ONE?!  That's a tough one...  I guess if I had to choose one it would have to be OPI Absolutely Alice.  I spent three days absolutely hypnotised by it.

3.  What is your favourite least-known beauty tip?

I'm not really in the know with unknown beauty tips.  I pretty much only know the 'known' beauty tips, lol.  I'd say probably apply your concealer/illuminator AFTER you apply your foundation.  I used to apply it first, but have read it should go on after.

4.  How many siblings do you have?

I have two siblings.  A little sister (3 years younger) and a little brother (6 years younger).  They're awesome.

5.  What inspired you to start blogging?  Another blog, a life experience?

I actually started blogging a little over a year ago to chronicle my journey with weight loss as well as discuss some of the other stuff that was going on in my life - in particular food.  As my infatuation with polish increased, it started to appear more frequently on my blog and at the beginning of this year, I officially made the transition and now don't really blog about my weight or food at all.

6.  What is your favourite colour?

Again, another hard one!  I guess I would say blue.

7.  Have you ever felt disheartened in your blogging experience?

Yep.  Towards the end of last year I contemplated closing my blog.  I only had two followers (my sister and friend) and I was uninspired and wasn't cooking as much.  When I made the transition to the focus on nails, I still didn't (and often still don't) think I'm good enough and I have less than 20 followers.  But the thing that keeps me going is watching my progress and even if no-one else reads my blog, I am enjoying having an outlet for my journey.

8.  Who is your secret (or not so secret) girl crush?

I reckon Emma Stone is pretty cool.

9.  How old were you when you fell in love for the first time?

To be perfectly honest, I have never been in love.  I'm pretty guarded when it comes to my emotions and feelings.  I have been in lust a few times though.

10.  What is your most lusted after beauty product at the moment?

I am on the lookout for the perfect tubing, non-clumping mascara.

11.  If you were going to share one secret with your readers that no-one else knew about you, what would it be?

My guilty-pleasure music is Garth Brooks.  I'm not really into country music, but I love Garth Brooks, lol.


Now, I am supposed to choose 20 blogs to nominate.  Many of the blogs that I would choose have already recently been nominated, so I'm going to invite anyone who wants to, to have a go!

x

2 comments:

  1. Please keep going with your blog, I too was really down about followers but then I realised I was doing this as an outlet for me not how many people followed. I also like that the people who are following me and the ones who regularly comment do it because they enjoy reading what I write about. THAT means SO much MORE than having hundreds of followers because it means I am connecting on a more personal level and these people are fast becoming friends.

    Congratulations on your award you deserve it!!

    Your friend Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I really do just do this blog for me, not for the thousands of potentially adoring fans, lol. And you are right about being able to connect on a more personal level to a smaller contingent of followers x

      Delete