Tuesday 2 April 2013

Light It Up Blue - Autism Awareness Month

Today is Autism Awareness Day.  For the whole month of April, a bunch of bloggers and instagramers will be painting their nails blue to raise awareness.  Some will do a whole month of blue manicures, others will do once a week.  I am aiming to 'light it up blue' once a week.

For my first blue manicure for this wonderful cause, I have gone for something just that little bit extra special.

After much coveting, I decided to go out and purchase OPI The Man with the Golden Gun.  A decadent 18k gold leaf top coat.  It is obviously quite pricey and retails for $40.  I managed to purchase it for $18 due to an accumulation of frequent shopper points at Price Attack.  Score!

I have layered TMWTGG over Butter London Blagger, a bright blue creme.  Gorgeous.


I am loving this combo and am pretty bummed that I'm off work sick and can't show it off to the world!

Blagger applied beautifully and only required two coats for full opacity.

TMWTGG was a bit more tricky to apply.  The gold leaf flakes were quite sparse, so I ended applying two coats.

I topped everything off with a coat of HK Girl.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment