Monday 15 April 2013

Aussie Nails Monday - Polka Dots


Quick one today.  This week's ANM theme was Polka Dots.  Other than the sprinkles on my cupcakes last week, I haven't used my dotting tools properly until today.

I was too chicken to do the typical 'dotticure' as I was concerned that I would struggle to keep it straight, lol.  So I did some googling and decided on this simple and very forgiving design.


I used a base colour of Cult Nails Let Me Fly, a dusty turquoise shimmer.  Then dotted on the following polishes in various sized dots:

Essie - Pretty Edgy
Essie - Mojito Madness
China Glaze - For Audrey
Revlon - Emerald City


Today I also used a paint palette for the first time.  I picked it up from Officeworks for about $3.  Now I need to work out how to clean it without destroying the plastic...


Dotting was surprisingly easy.  You need a steady hand, but it is a great and easy introduction to nail art.  I think I might actually try dotting again very soon with ambitions of attempting the typical dotticure.



Next week's theme is floral and I already know what I'm going to do (or try to do) and I'm pretty excited!

Please check out the other lovely ladies who participate in ANM - they are a talented bunch!



Caylah -
Tash -
Tracy -
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Awesome use of dots and love how you kept it all the same colour. I find dotting very simple and forgiving too. When in doubt, dot it out!:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same scheme of colours... Not the same colour. :}

    ReplyDelete