Sunday 24 March 2013

Crows Toes - I Make the Path

Today's manicure could have gone down as one of my all time faves - if it wasn't for the horrendous bubbling of my top coat!

Oh well, it was still pretty awesome, and I was pretty proud of my layering combination.

Crows Toes I Make the Path is a mix of pastel blue, green and gold glitters in a clear base.  I absolutely LOVED the colours in the glitters and couldn't wait to wear it.

I chose to layer it over OPI Thanks a Windmillion.


I love how delicate and 'girly' this looks and the sparkle factor was through the roof.  I was stopped a few times mid conversation (I talk with my hands...) due to the awesomeness of the sparkle.

As always the OPI applied flawlessly.  This shade has long been a favourite of mine and I look for any opportunity to wear it.

The Crows Toes was a bit more difficult to apply.  There was sooooo much glitter on the brush, that I found myself purposely brushing the glitter off.  Unlike most indie glitters were you need to fish and dab the glitters, I actually felt like I had too much glitter.

Due to the extreme amount of glitter, I decided to use an extra thick coat of Essence Gel-Look TC.  Big Mistake.  It bubbled!  I was pretty devastated as I LOVED this combo and even though I Make the Path caused me some application grief, I LOVED it.

I topped the whole manicure off with a layer of HK Girl TC.

As much as the bubbling annoyed me, I persevered and wore this manicure for two days.  As I think I have mentioned a few times.  I loved the colours and the glitters!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment