Tuesday 5 March 2013

China Glaze - 2NITE

Holy holo awesomeness Batman!!

Tonight I finally tried my first holo polish and now I can totally understand what all the fuss is about!


China Glaze 2NITE is from the coveted OMG Collection and along with the rest of the collection is considered VHTF.  It is a bright medium blue holo and it has me in complete and total awe.

The picture taken above was in artificial light as the sun had set by the time I'd painted my nails.

It applied fairly well, however I did experience some weird dragging and balding, probably due to my use of a base coat (apparently a no-no for holos - unless an aqua base coat...).

I also committed the other holo polish sin of using a top coat.  The use of a top coat apparently 'dulls' the holo effect.  It did dull the holo in this polish only slightly, and I was satisfied with the holo-ness after TC and hopefully my manicure will last longer with the top coat - I used HK Girl TC.

I managed to score this pretty in a blog sale for a VERY reasonably price.  I cannot believe how much this polish is selling for on ebay - over $40!  I paid less than $10!  Score!

This gorgeous holo has definitely whetted my appetite for more holo lovelies.  I have another from the OMG collection to try - DV8 - and I am also currently waiting on my order for all 12 of the Color Club Halo Hues to arrive from the US.  So keep your eyes out for some holo spam on my blog!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment