Tuesday 26 March 2013

Birthday Nails!! OPI Absolutely Alice

Let me say first that my crapola pictures do not do this AWESOME polish justice.  This polish is 1,000,000x better in real life.  There are plenty of better bloggers (and photographers) out there that have managed to capture this polishes true beauty, so I highly recommend you google it!

Last Thursday was my 20-something birthday.  To mark the occasion, I wanted to wear something extra special on my nails.  I've acquired a few 'extra special' polishes in the last few weeks, but this one had intrigued me for a while.  I have read about so many people raving about AA for a while now and I was dying to know what all the fuss was about.

Now I know.


OPI Absolutely Alice comprises of bright blue glitters in a clear base with some gold glitter thrown in for good measure.

As I was applying, I was not sure what all the hype was for.  I thought it was pretty okay, but not awesome.  Then I added the top coats (one coat of Essence Gel-Like TC and one coat of HK Girl) and I finally understood.  My nails sparkled like CRAZY.  And I spent the next three days staring at my nails - and showing everyone who looked in my direction how awesome they were!

This polish IS special.  I am so glad to have it in my stash.  I am also very lucky to have spent less than $15 on it.

Absolutely Alice is considered HTF and sells for up to $35 on ebay.

Absolutely Alice was released in 2010 and like it's equally popular but more elusive brother - Mad as a Hatter - are now discontinued (the whole collection was discontinued).  Typical of a polish company to discontinue an extremely popular and awesome polish collection.

To go with the whole birthday theme, here is some of the awesomeness I got from my sister.



I was so spoilt (I also got my very first GHD hair straightener from my parents - yay!)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment