Monday 11 March 2013

Aussie Nails Monday - Stripes


I finally bit the bullet and joined Aussie Nails Monday.  ANM is a weekly nail art challenge and I joined so that I would challenge myself to try more nail art.  I have heaps of nail art tools, but I have been too chicken to try them out on myself.  Not any more!

I have been following the blogs of the awesomely talented ladies that have been doing ANM for ages, and there is some super extreme talent out there.  My nails are no where near that calibre - yet.  We all need to start somewhere.

So today I bring you...


STRIPES


After much googling, I had narrowed it down to two different designs.  I ummed and ahhed for ages and then my sister helped me make the final decision.

The design I have chosen is inspired by a design from The Manicurator.


Just look at that holo awesomeness.  Any excuse to wear one of my Halo Hues!

The polishes I used were:

OPI A Roll in the Hague
OPI Big Apple Red
China Glaze Frostbite
China Glaze Rich & Famous
Sinful Colors Exotic Green
Color Club Harp On It

I used a base coat of Duri and OPI Nail Envy and topped everything off with two coats of HK Girl - yep, another thing I LOVE about the Halo Hues is that they are not dulled by TC, yay!

I painted my nails with the skittle colours on Saturday night and did the striping tape and top colour on Sunday afternoon - I really wanted to make sure that my base colours were dry!


My striping wasn't perfect, with it pulling some of the polish away roughly, but I think that may be because I added too much top colour (to try to build opacity) and holos dry quickly.  Oh well, it's not really noticeable unless you look really close!


All in all, I'm pretty proud of this manicure.

x

Check out the other awesome girls participating in ANM!

No comments:

Post a Comment