Wednesday 13 February 2013

Striping Tape Debut

As I mentioned a few posts back, my Born Pretty order arrived and I have lots and lost of nail art goodies to experiment with.

Last weekend, I used striping tape for the first time, by experimenting on my sister's gorgeous nails.

I was stoked with the results, and so was she!


For the base I used Nailed It! Moonlight Sparks from Sportsgirl.  A sparkly gold/green chrome.  And for the  top colour, I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Blue It.

I then put a layer of Seche Vite on the base colour to speed the drying time and then applied the striping tape and top colour one nail at a time topping with SV once all the nails were done.  The striping tape was a bit tricky to work with.  It kept on breaking or stripping and then I couldn't find the end.  Oh well, I persisted and am soooooo happy with how it all turned out.  The lines were very crisp and there was no bleeding.  For a first attempt, I couldn't be more proud!

I was looking forward to attempting a striping tape manicure on myself this weekend, but unfortunately I broke a nail and had to file all of my lovingly grown nails down to the same length - that was heartbreaking, as my nails grow excruciatingly slow and I had worked so very hard to get them to the length they were at (which to be honest, was still quite short!).  So nail art experiments on myself will have to wait for a while.  Though I think a rhinestone or two might be calling my name...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment