Monday 11 February 2013

Shades of Phoenix - Apollo

Wowza!  Do I have an absolutely stunning indie polish to show you today!

Shades of Phoenix is a brand new Aussie indie brand and all her polishes reflect Greek Mythology.  Her debut collection is full of so much sparkle and fantastic glitter and colour combinations, I can't wait to add more to my collection (I also have Aphrodite - both polishes were generously gifted to me by their creator in our birthday group).


(please excuse the smudge on my index finger - my nails were practically dry, but obviously not dry enough...)

Apollo has a yellow base with white pearl shimmer through it, matte yellow hex glitter, tiny flecks of gold glitter and two different bright orange glitters.

This polish makes me instantly feel brighter and cheerier.  Again, I am hypnotised by what is on my nails.

It applied so smoothly and the glitter spread out evenly with no need to dab or place the glitters where I wanted them.

I used undies in this pic - OPI Samoan Sands - but I don't think that was at all necessary.  I believe this polish could  be completely opaque in 2-3 coats.

Shades of Phoenix is available through etsy here (unfortunately, they only post in Oz - so international gals need to find an awesome Aussie swap buddy to score these lovelies)  and her polishes retail for $9 each.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment