Tuesday 12 February 2013

Midnight Date with a Mermaid

Today I have an absolute stunner of a manicure to show you.  Unfortunately, it was very hard to photograph - and yes, this time I used my Nikon, but it still didn't capture its true awesomeness.

I was very lucky to score a bottle of Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tail from their Complete Salon Manicure collection.  It is very widely regarded as a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Across The Universe.  I don't own ATU, I actually don't own any Deborah Lippmanns, but there are quite a few blogs out there that show comparisons, and I actually like Mermaid's Tale more.

I saw another blogger layered it over Essence A Date in the Moonlight and funnily enough, it is the ONLY Essence Colour and Go I own, so I decided to follow suit and do the same.

First, here's a pic of just A Date in the Moonlight.  This pic was taken on my phone, as I quickly took it before layering Mermaid's Tale on top.


A Date in the Moonlight is a gorgeous dark navy blue with a lighter blue shimmer.  Gorgeous on its own, and for less than $4, a bargain.

Now as I mentioned before, it was near impossible to capture the true beauty of this completed manicure, so I have included a few photos, hoping that you get the general idea.





Mermaid's Tale is a blue jelly with small blue glitters and blue and green hex glitters.  It applied rather nicely, but I did have to 'dab' a few glitters on, as the hex glitters appeared a bit scarce on the nail.

If you get a chance, I definitely recommend you pick this beauty up.  I scored it for only $10 from Priceline!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment