Wednesday 27 February 2013

CrowsToes - Voodoo

I love surprises, so I was pretty excited to receive my first two grab bags yesterday.

For those that don't know, a grab bag is a random assortment of polishes usually sold by a polish addict who is trying to thin their collection.  You don't know what you're going to get, and that is the fun part!  I am still a relatively fledgling collector - with only around 240 polishes so far - the chances of me getting something I already have is slim.  I'm happy to say that all the polishes in the two grab bags I received did not double up to anything I already had.

Today's NOTD is the first polish I tried from my grab bags.  As soon as I saw it, I was super psyched.  My very first CrowsToes.  I have purchased another CrowsToes in a blog sale, but that is yet to make it to me (fingers crossed it arrives by the end of the week!).

I have read about and seen CrowsToes polishes in various blogs and was intrigued by their awesome glitter combinations.

Voodoo is no exception.

* again, please excuse the nubbins.  The unthinkable happened and I managed to break the ring finger nail on my right hand whilst washing my hair, so I have filed them all down and have gone back to my photographing my left hand*

Voodoo has purple, orange and green glitters in a clear base.  Application was a bit tricky.  There was a TONNE of glitter, so there was no need to fish around in the bottle.  If anything, there was probably too much glitter and I had to actually brush some of the glitter off the nail to get the look I was after.

After doing some searching online, I was tossing up between layering it over purple or orange and ended up going with purple - and I LOVE it!  I love the contrast of the orange and the purple.

The purple base I used is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Deep Purple - a deep purple with blue tones and pink/blue shimmer.  Deep Purple applied a bit sheer, so I needed three coats for full opacity.

I topped it all off with a coat of Essence Gel Look and HK Girl.

I am pretty excited to share that CrowsToes is now available through an Aussie distributor - Femme Fatale Cosmetics.  They retail for $12 and they appear to have quite a large selection of gorgeous CrowsToes polishes to choose from (plus heaps of other awesome indie brands!).

x

No comments:

Post a Comment