Monday 25 February 2013

Classic Red and Black

Today's post is the first non-indie post in a while.  What can I say, I love me some indies!

But of course, indies are not the only polishes I own.

Today I have a stunning polish that has been sitting in my untrieds basket for quite some time.

OPI You Only Live Twice is from the 2012 Skyfall collection - the collection that I own the most polishes from, it really was a winner in all areas.

I love me a good red polish, but have never really considered it a colour I love.  However, the Skyfall collection had quite a few reds, and I managed to purchase all but one of them...

You Only Live Twice is a bright magenta packed with fuschia and gold shimmer.  I know it probably leans more towards pink, but I definitely thought it could pass as a weak red.


I thought to add some pizazz to the simplicity of the OPI, I applied small black circular studs.  Black and red is always a classic colour combination.

Unfortunately, I wasn't too sure if I liked this manicure.  After some deliberation, I thought maybe the studs were too small.  Oh well, it still looked simple, yet lovely and it wasn't something I felt the need to remove straight away.

You Only Live Twice applied awesomely.  While a wee bit sheer, it only required three coats for full opacity and like most OPIs, it wore very well with only minimal chipping and tip wear.

x

PS As you can see by the watermark on my photo, I am on instagram.  Feel free to pop by and have a look - it's not just nail photos either, it is also my personal instagram so prepare yourself to see heaps of pictures of my dog, food and shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment