Monday 28 January 2013

Gloss n Sparkle = WOW!

Yesterday I tried my first ever Gloss 'n Sparkle polish.

It was ah-maze-ing!

I received Gloss 'n Sparkle Royal as part of my birthday group goodies.  I loved it immediately and already planned for it to be apart of my 'back to school' manicure.

Gloss 'n Sparkle is a fantastic Australian indie brand and I have coveted some of Angela's pretties for quite some time.

Royal Flash is a mix of red hex glitters in two different sizes and black and silver glitter shards all in a clear base.

While I've seen it layered over blues, I decided to tone it down a bit (since this is the manicure I will be wearing when I meet my new students and their parents) and layer if over grey - Essie Chinchilly.

I am so happy with the result!


I LOVE how this looks.  I especially love how the deep red hex glitters appear to pop over the grey base.

I topped this manicure with one coat of Essence Gel-Look top coat and two coats of SH Insta-Dry to get a glassy smooth finish.

Royal Flash applied extremely easily and there was a tonne of glitter in just one coat.

Essie Chinchilly was also one of the better Essies I've tried.  The formula was a great consistency and it only needed two nice coats of even it out.

I have two more Gloss 'n Sparkles to try out (also birthday group gifts) and I am super excited to try them after the awesomeness that was my experience with Royal Flash.

Gloss 'n Sparkle is available through their etsy store for the incredibly awesome price of just $9 a bottle.  Unfortunately, I believe that Royal Flash is no longer available.



In other nail news, here is a pic of another birthday group pressie I received on Friday.

Yay!  More Gloss 'n Sparkles and my first Rainbow Honeys!

If all goes to plan in birthday group world, I should be receiving another EIGHT birthday group nail mails by the end of the week!  Yay!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment