Sunday 20 January 2013

Dorothy's Secret

I never really identified with a 'favourite' polish colour.

Well, over the past couple of months, it's becoming quite obvious that that is not quite true and that I have lately been leaning towards blues.

That's okay though, blue polishes are awesome and come in so many different shades and finishes.

Which brings me to today's manicure.

CG Secret Peri-wink-le and CG Dorothy Who?

Two absolutely gorgeous colours.

(My pointer finger is the same colour as my middle finger, it's just that the light hit it at a different angle...)

China Glaze is fast becoming one of my favourite polish brands.  I am yet to be disappointed in a colour or its application.

Secret Peri-wink-le, a periwinkle blue creme from the 2008 Operation Colour Collection, applied smoothly and while there was some balding, it was easily rectified with a slightly thicker third coat.  Again, I need to learn some patience as the dragging could have been avoided if I had waited for the first coat to dry.

Dorothy Who? blew me away.  It is absolutely stunning!  The sparkle in that beauty is captivating.  My crappy IG photo does this amazing polish no justice.  It applied like a dream and reached full opacity in three easy coats.  Dorothy Who? is from the 2009 Wizard of Ooh Ahz Returns Collection, the same collection that the equally awesome Ruby Pumps is from.

If these are a sample of some of the amazing blue polishes available, I am happy to define myself as a blue polish lover.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment