Thursday 10 January 2013

A slight change in direction...

I have been pondering for a while what I should do with my blog.  I had big intentions of posting more regularly during the holidays, but lo and behold, there is little over a week to go until I head back to work and I haven't posted over the holidays at all.  I have been a little unmotivated to be honest.  I've put on some extra kgs over the past few months, and while I'm not as heavy as I was this time last year, I am nowhere near where I wanted to be.

So the blog pondering began.  Do I shut it down?  Or do I move it into a new direction?

Obviously, I chose the latter.

And I have changed my blog design to mark the occasion.

My love of nail polish has been no secret.  I have mentioned nail polish in a number of my posts during 2012.  However, in the past six months, my love of nail polish has exploded.  I have never been someone to do things by halves.  My collection has continued to grow thanks to Ozsale and Brands Exclusive sales.  I started reading tonnes of nail blogs and discovered a fantastic Facebook group dedicated to Australian polish lovers like myself.  The gorgeous ladies in this group have not only fuelled and enabled my love of polish, they have also inspired me.

So this blog will follow my journey with nail polish.  It will not be perfect.  My nails are far from perfect.  For some reason, they get to a certain length (SHORT) and refuse to grow any further.  My painting and clean-up techniques are far from perfect.  My photos are not perfect.  I will not be constructing a lightbox any time in the near future.  Most of my photos will be Instagram or from my simple point and shoot digital (if I can be bothered to pull it out of my drawer...)  I do not own photoshop, so there will be no tweaking, cleaning or perfecting of my photos.  I am still to perfect the 'bottle' shot.  It often looks like I'm gripping the bottle for dear life as my stubby fingers struggle to grasp the bottle elegantly.  I will not be doing 'swatches'.  I refuse to apply polish to one hand just to photograph and then remove it immediately.  I actually enjoy WEARING my manicures for at least two days.  My cuticles could use some work and I am currently trying a variety of products to soften them.  I do not moisturise my hands/nails every 30 minutes.  I'm lucky if I remember to moisturise them once a day.  I will very rarely use the word 'mani' as it I think it sounds slightly dirty like 'panties'.  I am yet to venture into the world of nail art.  I can barely draw on an A4 piece of paper let alone a teeny tiny nail, but I aim to experiment with the 'simple' nail art techniques using sponges, striping tape, dotting tools, stamps and brushes.  This blog will still be a hobby.  I will not turn this into a part-time job like some of those awesomely dedicated (and talented) bloggers of the blogs that I read regularly.  I do not expect to attract a cult following and am happy to share with the two or so regular readers that I already have.

This blog will still chronical my journey with food.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I love to EAT and I love to COOK.  I still enjoy the challenge of finding delicious, low calorie meals to help me on my weight loss journey.  However, the food side of this blog will be small.

So to kick off my new direction, here are a couple of nail related photos I've take over the past couple of weeks.

My latest manicure - CG Concrete Catwalk with CG Techno on my accent finger and thumb.

My latest 'nail mail'.  My first piCture pOlish order.

More nail mail.  My very first Essie polishes.  I'm trying a couple of these pretties out today.

Butter London Henley Regatta.  Gorgeous, however this is FIVE coats.

Butter London Two Fingered Salute.  One of the most popular polishes of 2012 and I totally understand why.  I am LOVING that copper shimmer in amongst the green.

Sinful Colors is now sold in Oz.  This is SC Why Not topped with SC Nail Junkie.  I love blue, but I hate the removal - Smurf Fingers.

My first brown manicure.  Essence Sneezy topped with CG Golden Enchantment.

My Christmas nails.



Oh, here is a food pic to get your tummies grumbling.  I was so proud of myself for making this awesome Balsamic and Blackberry Glazed Ham for Christmas.  YUM.



Until next time...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment