Saturday 19 January 2013

A Decadent Diva goes to a Festival

And so the lame post titles continue!

Today I have another brown manicure to show you.  Essie's Decadent Diva has been calling to me every time I look into my untrieds basket.  I have been wearing a lot of lighter/brighter nails lately and the dark sauciness of Decadent Diva is just what I needed to cleanse my palette.

Essie Decadent Diva is described as a 'daring dark brown with a bronze shimmer'.

Funnily enough, when I first looked at it in the bottle I thought it was a bit like a really dark reddish/purple.  Once on the nail though, it was definitely brown!  It looks almost dark chocolatey rich.  Yum.

Application was a bit patchy.  Again, maybe due to my impatience or lacking polish painting skills.  It was quite thin and runny and tended to drag and leave some balding near the cuticle.  Maybe if I let it dry more between coats the outcome would have been different.  I needed three coats for full opacity.

One of the aspects of Decadent Diva that I loved was how freakin' shiny it was!

I have also been hanging out to use my piCture pOlish Festival, as it is my first flakey (after coveting the nearly unobtainable Essie Shine of the Times or SH Hidden Treasure).  I know flakies usually look best over darker colours, so I thought I would try it over the dark brown and it did not disappoint.


I have caught myself many times over the past 24 hours staring at my nails in varying angles just to daze at the awesomeness that are the flakies.  LOVE.

I quite enjoyed this manicure.  It was something different to what I usually lean towards.

I'll be taking it off very soon though, as I think it might be good for my nails to be nekkid for a day or two.  My nails are feeling quite 'dry' and my hands are definitely feeling the agony of frequent acetone use.  Though don't despair, not completely nekkid, I will have my Duri Rejuvacote and OPI Nail Envy on for support.  I've already chosen my next manicure, so I will probably re-do them tomorrow night.

In other awesome nail news, I have purchased quite a few nail goodies over the last couple of days.  Though not polish, as I'm still on my polish no-buy due to it being my Birthday Group month.  I purchased three different kinds of top coat to see which one works best for me as SH Insta-Dry is just too expensive.  So once they arrive I will be trying Seche Vite, Posche and HK Girl.  I also bought some awesome nail art tools.  I bought dotting tools, brushes, striping tape, stamping stuff, rhinestones and studs.  I can't wait to play with them when they arrive.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment