Wednesday 1 August 2012

Lovely Left-overs

On Monday night I made a delicious Lentil Soup.  It was my first dinner meal back on the wagon.  I love soups, so it was a good choice.  Hearty and healthy.  Awesome.

Thankfully, I don't have a hungry horde to feed.  Usually just myself and my sister.  So usually I have left-overs.

Left-overs are awesome.  They not only save on grocery money, they also save on cooking and cleaning time.  Especially during the working week, cooking is not something I particularly want to do.  And I am now one of those weird people I never thought I would be, who cannot sleep knowing the kitchen is not clean (I never used to be that person until last year...).  Plus, left-overs also help me justify the insane amount of Tupperware I have collected.   Win!  So left-overs are awesome in many ways and are always included in my fortnightly menu plans.

My lentil soup left-overs for dinner tonight were particularly yummy, almost like a curry, it appeared to get better as it sat in the fridge over the last two days.


So, I appear to have successfully balanced myself on the wagon for the last few days.  Yummy (and easy) dinners and organised lunches have helped tremendously.  Tonight I planned my next fortnight of meals and I'm a bit excited about cooking some new things.  I have a healthy cannelloni, gnocchi and a pork salad on the menu.  So keep an eye out for my reviews on those.


Oh, look at the AWESOME chocolates I bought from Saltrum Winery in the Barossa Valley.  They are too pretty to eat.  Well, almost too pretty to eat.


Yep, those chocolates are gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment