Sunday 10 June 2012

Litchfield National Park

After living in the Territory for nearly 5.5 years, I finally went to Litchfield National Park.

Litchfield National Park is pretty much a NT institution and with many of the sights being accessible by sealed roads, there is really no excuse to not go.

So yesterday, two of my friends and I spent the day playing tourist.  One of my friends had already visited Litchfield numerous times (and she's only lived the NT for 18 months...), and the other (a true blue, life-long Territorian) had also never been.

It was beautiful.  The weather was lovely - not too hot, not too cold - and it was great just to get out of town and chill out with some awesome friends.

 A miniature castle in Batchelor
 Big termite mounds

 Wangi Falls - beautiful





 Buley Rock Holes


 Keira swam, but I was only brave enough to put my feet in...
 Florence Falls


Now, I just need to get off my bum and see the other amazing sights the Top End has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment