Sunday 1 April 2012

Happy Birthday to ME...

Wow, it's been a little while since my last post.

To be honest, I haven't cooked anything new and have been slacking off on the calorie counting...  Thankfully I haven't really gained any weight - but obviously I haven't lost any more either...

Here's an update on what else (non healthy lifestyle related) has been going on since my last post:

About 10 days ago it was my birthday and I have now officially entered my 'late twenties'.  For the last few years I have found my birthday quite ho-hum mostly due to the fact that I have not achieved what I had thought I would by this stage in my life.  I have no partner, no kids, no property.  Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the good things in my life - great family, awesome friends, good career and a fantastic dog.  But I do still wonder if I will ever get the other 'grown up' stuff that people around me are achieving.

In all honesty though, I had a lovely birthday.  My family took me out to dinner the weekend before and we enjoyed great wine, good food and fantastic conversation.  I really did score the awesome family jackpot.

On my actual birthday some of my students surprised me with lovely gifts and the others tried exceptionally hard to gift me with their good behaviour.  I did break the rules a bit and tried to make it as cruisy a day as possible and I doubt much learning actually happened...

The day ended with a lovely dinner of take-away noodles with my sister and a slice of chocolate mudcake - YUM!

The lovely bookshelf that my sister got me for my birthday.  She also put it together all by herself!

Birthday Cake - YUM!

The delicious bottle of Malibu I got from my brother.

The lovely gifts I got from my students, tutor and Kym.

Some of my students from last year surprised me with a handmade card and a muffin.

Noodles = Saucy Deliciousness

* While I don't have a picture of it, my parents got me gorgeously soft, black sheepskin car seat covers.  They are DEVINE.


Another awesome thing that has happened since my last post was a very much overdue GIRLS WEEKEND.  Tracey flew up from NSW, Eriin drove in (the long way!) from Jabiru and Vic came in from her property in the sticks for an awesome weekend of eating, shopping, talking and drinking.  It was frickin' awesome.

Here's to the freakin' weekend!



Next big event on the agenda is my gorgeous friend's wedding in two weeks in the beautiful Glasshouse Mountains.  This weekend I bought a lovely dress, shoes and bag and I am sooooo looking forward to seeing my beautiful friend marry her fella.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment