Wednesday 14 March 2012

Poached Chicken and Soba Noodle Salad

Last night I made a Poached Chicken and Soba Noodle Salad.


It was...  okay...

It was easy to prepare, but I didn't really enjoy the flavours.  The recipe reckons that it was 361 calories a serve and I'm guessing the majority of the calories are in the noodles.  Soba noodles are Japanese buckwheat noodles.  It tasted more like a spaghetti/pasta than your typical noodle, but they were quite yummy.  I think the bit I didn't like the most was the dressing.  The sesame taste was a bit overpowering (maybe that was my fault - I may have added too much...).  I ended up adding a bit of extra soy sauce to break the sesame flavour up.

I'm not sure if I'll make it again...

Well, today all the schools were closed due to yesterday's cyclone warning.  The cyclone warning for the Darwin area was lifted at 5am, but thankfully the school's remained closed.  Unfortunately my sister who was told she too had the day off got a text at 8:30am telling her that she was expected at work since the cyclone warning had been lifted.

I spent the day listening to the rain and catching up on some marking.


Back to work tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment