Monday 12 March 2012

Moroccan sweet potato, carrot and chickpea soup

On Saturday night I made a Moroccan Sweet Potato, Carrot and Chickpea Soup.


It came very highly recommended on the Taste website and it did not disappoint.  It was quite sweet with a decent bite from the spices and was a lovely change from my usual favourite pumpkin soup.  The addition of the chickpeas gave it a creamy texture without using actual cream.  I think next time (yep, there will be a next time) I will add a little bit less of the spices and skip the low fat natural yoghurt dollop on top.  The recipe claims it is around 335 calories a serve, but that is with the Turkish bread croutons as well (which I did not make - I just used normal crusty bread rolls).  With or without the croutons, it is still a great dinner and lunch choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment