Sunday 26 February 2012

Corn Fritters and Pork & Spinach Dumplings

Today I made Pork & Spinach Dumplings.

They were super easy to make and only 275 calories for seven.  My plan is to take them into school for lunch tomorrow (and possibly the next day since I made so many!).


The hardest part in making them was folding the wonton wrapper - and after cooking them I have learnt to not leave ANY air in them next time, as you can tell which ones had air pockets in them - they are quite...  soggy or loose.  I test tasted one and I thought they were pretty good.


On Wednesday night I made Corn Fritters from the Women's Weekly Low Fat Cookbook.


They were also very easy to make and were even yummier cold for lunch the next day.  The recipe states that they are 302 calories for three.  And considering that I could barely make it through 2, they were another great lunch option.  I freaked out at first thinking I made them too spicy by adding one and half birdseye chillies (the recipe asked for a long red chilli...).  Thankfully it was just the right amount of spice and the extra heat I tasted when test tasting the batter was most probably from the chilli under my nail...

No comments:

Post a Comment