Tuesday 31 January 2012

This is what I'm reading

Like most people, I like to read.  I'm not really into the big, deep, literary masterpieces, I'm more into vampire fiction (yes, that includes Twilight) and funny chick lit.

So every now and again I will update you on what book is frequenting my bedside table.

On the various gossip websites that I frequent daily I have noticed that they have been talking about a new movie based on the first book in The Hunger Games trilogy.  It's actually garnering a lot of hype, so I thought I had better read the book before the movie comes out.


I really liked the first book.  For the first time since the Twilight Saga and the Vampire Academy series, I actually read during the day (reading is usually saved for bedtime).

I am very much looking forward to the movie, and if the trailer is anything to go by, I think it might be pretty good.



I am currently halfway through the second book, 'Catching Fire', and am very curious as to how things will turn out.  I'm not enjoying it as much as the first book though.  It kinda feels like the author is reaching and is recycling some of the adventure and excitement from the first book.  Hopefully it improves and the third book captures me as much as the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment